Bennett Associates is a nationwide Fire Safety Consultancy, offering a range of services including Fire Risk Assessments, Fire Safety Strategies, Fire Door Surveys, Fire Engineering, and Fire Safety Training. Our Head Office is in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
The role of Fire Safety Knowledge Manager has become available due to retirement. This is a unique role that ensures the fire safety knowledge within the company is shared and managed. The primary duty of the Fire Safety Knowledge Manager is to ensure all client reports are sent out having been through a robust peer review process. The business objectives pertinent to the role are to ensure:
1. The business stays at the forefront of changes in fire safety legislation and regulation and our advice to clientsreflects the latest industry thinking.
2. The team’s knowledge remains current, and each member develops their subject matter expertise.
3. The team challenge each other’s thinking so the advice given to clients is sound and considered.
4. The work produced remains of the highest quality; technically accurate, up-to-date, and experience based.
5. The business continues to share industry-focused knowledge, expertise, and experience with clients and other relevant third parties.
The successful applicant will be joining a highly qualified, cohesive, friendly, and supportive team that values knowledge sharing. The team strives for continual improvement in all that they do and everyone’s opinion matters. We enjoy the collaborative relationships we have with our clients and are proud that the service we offer adds real value to all stakeholders.
Applicants would be expected to have/be:
• Sound knowledge of fire safety legislation, relevant British Standards, and appropriate guides.
• Hold one or more *formal qualifications (see below).
• Graduate status of the Institute of Fire Engineers (GIFireE) or equivalent as a minimum (ideally Members).
• Sound understanding of Building Regulations Approved Document B and BS9999.
• Understand the primary compliance drivers such as life safety, property protection, business continuity, and reputational risks within the context of our clients’ business objectives and operations.
• Minimum three years’ experience in undertaking fire risk assessments, including complex buildings.
• Proficient IT skills and competent in using online reporting tools.
• Excellent attention to detail as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
• Efficient, diligent, and professional.
Formal Qualifications (one or more):
• NEBOSH Certificate – Fire Safety and Risk Management
• FPA European Certificate in Fire Safety and/or Diploma in Fire Prevention
• FPA Advanced Diploma in Fire Prevention and/or Fire Safety Management Course
• Level 4 Certificate Fire Safety Risk Assessors/Auditors
• 13-week Specialist Fire Prevention Course, Fire Service College (pre-1992)
Training on our assessment software will be provided to the successful applicants.
This role is full-time. Whilst we can offer hybrid working, the successful applicant must be able to commute to the Milton Keynes office. If you would like to find out more about the role, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can apply straight away by sending your CV and cover letter to the same email address. Please state your salary expectations and availability.