Up to £39,000
+ Car, 25 days annual leave, Pension/Life Assurance, Perks at Work Scheme
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Service Engineer based around the Bristol area to join their Engineering team on a permanent basis.
- Attend to reactive fault calls as directed by the team co-ordinators and / or Manager, with rectification of fault on first visit being a critical KPI.
- Carry out rolling programme of preventative maintenance as scheduled by the team co-ordinators and / or Manager.
- Carry out additional installation and commissioning works as directed by team co-ordinators and / or Manager.
- Assist Tech Support Engineer and Project Manager in the pre-production test environment before release into the live environment.
- Assist the Design Team in conducting surveys around the site for additional works.
- Accurate collection and recording of site hardware and software configuration information.
- Maintain site stock (spares) levels.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Provide cover on an out of hour's basis on a rotating basis.
- Assist the Health and Safety Lead and Manager in ensuring audits are carried out for quality procedures.
- In conjunction with the Manager and Health & Safety Manager, to assist in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other documentation as required to gain Permits to Work in a timely manner.
- To proactively interact with other site-based teams, building a good rapport, ensuring the smooth flow of information to enable the efficient running of the site operation.
- To work in absolute compliance with all site procedures and embrace the customer's 'Zero Harm to People and the Environment' mantra.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may be required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing and / or servicing a wide product base within the electronic security industry - typically Access Control, CCTV and Intruder alarm systems.
- Broad IT knowledge, eg. software installation into Windows Operating Systems, IP based systems and networking principles.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage, resistance and current. Basic knowledge of electrical components such as relays and resistors.
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed, and procedures are followed within the allotted timescales.
- Experience of Enterprise-wide Access Control/CCTV systems, and PIDS Systems with PSIM integration.
- Experience of working in a high security environment.
- Previous or current clearance to SC level.
- Experience of working within the Mechanical/Electrical Construction Industry.
- An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota.
- 5-year checkable employment history & Right to work in UK/EU unrestricted.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- An IT or Electrical/Electronic qualification such as a HND or Degree.
- Candidates with suitable relevant experience will be considered.