Security Installation and Service Engineer
Up to £35,000 + Company vehicle, Travel -15 minutes either way, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Laptop, Tablet, iPhone and uniform
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Security Systems Installation and Service Engineer based around the South East area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Work closely with the Operation Manager and support desk to carry out small to medium size installations and assist with service calls (1 in 4 standby call out) and preventative maintenance when required.
- The company predominately installs/maintains access control, CCTV, and time attendance.
- Undertake installation, commissioning, and maintenance of electronic security systems to NSI Gold standards.
- Verify the detailed accuracy of equipment specifications at the “pre-installation” stage.
- Engage with client early in specification stage to help them refine requirements and to enable better project preparation.
- Assist with technical design at sales stage when required.
- Liaise with customers and contractors at a local / site level.
- Ensure that systems are properly tested and commissioned to NSI Gold standards and assist in the production of O&M documentation.
- Ensure that customers receive appropriate and adequate training and maximise customer satisfaction.
- £100 Standby for 1 in 4 call out – There is no call out on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- 5 years’ experience within the electronic security industry.
- Experienced with all areas of complex access control and CCTV.
- A broad technical IT knowledge, i.e. installing software/applications, networking and confident with Microsoft Excel/Word packages.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn new information quickly and keep up with changing products and processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally, with the confidence to build working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A logical approach to problem solving and the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight when required.
- 5 years checkable work history and able to pass relevant security checks.
- UK Driving licence.
- ECS Card and IPAF license.
- Electrical/Electronic qualifications, C&G, HNC, etc.
- Avigilon and Hikvision CCTV experience and certification is advantageous.
- Experience with networking and using IP.