Are you an IT superstar looking for an opportunity where you can learn and kick start your career?
We are working exclusively on behalf of a National Security Systems Integrator who pride themselves on delivery of the latest IP CCTV, access control and intruder alarm systems to their high-profile client base across the country. They have a growing division of the company which is their IT technical support, design and infrastructure team and are looking for a Junior Technical Support Engineer to join this rapidly expanding team.
You will have the opportunity to progress quickly working alongside a dedicated technical team and be the right person with the work ethic and ambition to succeed and will be rewarded accordingly.
- Working alongside a technical support team to provide first-class technical support service to employees and internal systems.
- Take ownership of support requests, ensuring they are resolved and ensure customers are communicated to at all times.
- You will work from Manchester and have a driving licence so you have the ability to travel to client sites if required.
- Support for incoming service requests, utilising the help desk ticketing system.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails.
- Logging support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks.
- Notify the ‘Help Desk Lead’ of reoccurring outages and abnormalities.
- Ensure correct ticket information is maintained at all times.
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule in an efficient manner.
- Assist on project work as and when required.
- Keeping documentation up to date.
- Flexible rota — out of hours cover.
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience working in an IT support environment.
- Understanding of networking, and cloud-based software applications.
- Should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face.
- Have at least 1 formal IT qualification at entry level or above.