IT Support Engineer
£39,000 Annually + Split Remote Working and Site Based, Company Car, Pension, Perks at Work Scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Mon – Fri 40hrs a week
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Technical Support Engineer based around the Bristol area to join their Technical Support team on a permanent basis.
- Responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of an on-premise security system
- Resolving faults and meeting response/fix SLA’s
- Provide support to engineers and contractors
- Planning, testing, and deployment of updates and new applications to the security system infrastructure
- To monitor real time alerts for hardware, software and security issues and using central monitor software to proactively predict and prevent issues.
- To support and maintain the infrastructure of a Microsoft Hyper-V environment, including VM’s, SAN solutions and system applications.
- To complete system checks that include hardware, performance, configuration, asset inventory and database backups.
- To meet customer compliance and certification by following strict and rigorous policies and change control procedures for any / all system changes.
- To conduct the planning, testing, installation, and rollout of system updates (Servers, Clients, Network, Applications, etc..) on pre-production and production.
- To be a point of escalation for system issues and unplanned Headend faults.
- To investigate, troubleshoot and resolve system faults that fall under 1st - 3rd support tasks and to liaise with software/hardware suppliers to resolve issues.
- To provide timely and accurate remote telephone & remote system responses to site based technical issues and resolve as many system problems as possible without the need to send an engineer
- To maintain accurate, real-time records of site-based interactions in Tesseract Service Centre providing customers and employees with all relevant information in a timely manner (call log numbers, progress updates etc.)
- To maintain accurate and timely records of all technical issues in the company fault recording system.
- Provide technical reference services (i.e., technical manual lookup) to field based engineers on IT equipment and a range of 3rd party Access Control, Video Surveillance, Visitor Management, and Intruder Systems.
- To provide clear, well written technical documentation for a variety of purposes
- Degree or HND level education in computing, electronics / computing or related subject
- Previous experience of offering over the phone and remote diagnostics / PPM service
- Good level of PC skills
- 3+ years of IT, Server Support or IT administration experience providing industry leading technical support and customer service
- Strong analytical skills, enquiring and investigative mind. Able to get to the root causes of a problem and communicate this clearly to others
- Excellent knowledge with Microsoft OS (Server & Desktop) including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy Management
- Good knowledge with Microsoft Hyper-V and Linux / Ubuntu Server
- Good knowledge with LAN/WAN/Firewall networking
- Occasional UK travel and overnight stays may be a requirement
- Participate in occasional out of hours work when required and being part of an on-call rota.
- MUST be a full driving licence holder.
- This role will require the successful applicant to undergo security clearance which is essential to the role
- Manufacturer certification in any of the following product fields – Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 – 2019, Windows 7 – 10, Linux Ubuntu Server, CCNA / Allied Telesis Switches, and Firewalls is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with IP Video Surveillance Systems is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with asset management and monitoring software i.e., SolarWinds, Tripwire, GFI