Our client is looking for a full time Fire Strategy Consultant to contribute to the sustainability of the company through the provision of technical consultancy support to Training and Fire Risk Services.
The nature of the role requires travel across the UK and a significant percentage of time at clients’ premises. Whist attendance at the company office in Gloucester is preferred, this role could be predominantly home based. Currently their significant contracts are in the southern half of England.
· Experienced Fire Risk Assessor – preferably on an existing fire risk assessor register.
· Broad experience of different premises types, including hotels, residential, schools, retail, manufacturing, offices, storage, mixed use etc.
· Good understanding of Approved Document B and BS9999 / BS9991 - including their application.
· Experience of developing retrospective fire strategies and, potentially for new build/refurbishment projects – though not full fire engineered solutions.
· At least 10 years’ experience, of which 5 must have been in a senior fire strategy consulting / advisory capacity.
· Ability to engage effectively with people internally and externally.
· A team player who can demonstrate a collaborative style of working that enhances business / project performance.
· Ability to lead by example and in a manner consistent with the organisation’s policies, goals and values.
· Ability to deliver projects to the required standard on time.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· A relevant technical degree, preferably in fire engineering or a fire related discipline.
· £50K - £60K DOE
· Company car or allowance
· Private medical health care
· Free parking when onsite
· Use of on-site gym/pool facilities
· Flexible working policy