Fire Alarm Small Works Engineer
Up to £33,000 + 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays, Company Van, Optional Overtime, Pension
About the Client:
- Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Fire Alarm Small Works Engineer based around the North West area to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Leading small works installation duties as part of a team, from survey to completion of small works tasks
- Supervision of Installation activity including both client and EMCOR specific requirements
- Installation of fire detection and alarm systems in accordance with BS5839pt1 2013 and BRE /LPS1014 installation rules.
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities, including relevant training and medicals, as deemed necessary for working in radiological and explosive controlled areas.
- Responsible for Van stock is kept at an agreed level to allow works to be completed.
- Complete all Installation / Modification paperwork and check colleagues paperwork for submission
- Complete any compliance paperwork associated with contract requirements (WAF’s, RAMS)
- Contact necessary parties to plan work – FM /DFM /WCC
- Complete timesheets weekly.
- Comply with policies relating to Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Technical Compliance issues that affect the customer and employees.
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to.
- Maintain company issued equipment in good order.
- Ensure good timekeeping and housekeeping.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Company Safety Manual.
- Advise manager(s) on the progress of works as requested.
- Develop and maintain effective Client relationship and assist in gaining future work for the Company.
- Control and manage tools and plant on site to ensure that resources are in accordance with the job.
- To participate & comply with material ordering and procurement procedures.
- Provide weekly progress reports to Line Manager, as and when required.
- Monitor quality and quantity of work to ensure progress.
- Attend and or deliver toolbox talks when required.
- Attend and prepare for meetings when required.
- Return necessary paperwork to Administration team or Manager as required.
- Work in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all systems worked upon are operational.
- Wear company issued clothing at all times.
- Attend training courses that EMCOR deem necessary.
- To support the service team as and when required, to carry out Service & Maintenance of Fire detection and extinguishing systems in accordance with relevant standards and company guidelines.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as requested by Management.
- City and Guilds 236 pts 1&2 electrical installation or equivalent.
- Proven ability to install containment and cabling specifically related to fire detection and alarm systems.
- Proven experience on working in industrial environments.
- Proven ability in installing complex networked addressable fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience in the supervising engineering activity.
- 17th Edition Electrical qualification.
- Proven knowledge on relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1 – 2013, BS 6266 Pt 1 – 2013, BS 7273 Standards.
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 (Fire Detection Design), Unit 4 (Installation and Testing)