Working for a leading Security Integrator, the position of Design Engineer shall support the design, sales and operations teams within the business. You shall be responsible for the delivery of security system design, technical solutions, continued design improvements, product evaluations, documentation for system designs, schematics, technical surveys, technical health-check, technical compliance audits and on-going technical and system improvements.
The main purpose of the job role requires:
· Working between the sales and design team, designing and ratifying proposals in response to customer enquiries and invitations to tender.
· The ability to work alone in addition to working under pressure to meet critical deadlines associated with major bids and tender.
· Support the sales team during all pre-sales activities, including the requirement to survey construction sites and visit suppliers and manufacturers.
· Create training materials to ensure high quality knowledge transfer.
· Give training to the customer at field technical and engineering levels.
· Identify, define and document customer issues that will drive business improvement.
· Identify, define and document solution designs which meet customer's expectations.
· Develop and deliver technical proposal presentations to the customer.
· Plan, organise and implement proof of concept installations or demonstrations in co-operation with the sales team.
· Hold and maintain professional relationships with key technical customers, both current customers, and target customers.
· Proactively maintain technical and application knowledge and internal documentation of physical security and network products, protocols and legislation.
· Support the sales team to ensure profitable business growth with existing accounts and new business by delivering customer oriented technical solutions.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical role within the networks and physical security industry.
· Excellent level English, written and verbal, have good communication and presentation skills.
· Salary up to £55K DOE
· Car allowance
· Company performance related bonus
· Please note, this is an office-based role predominantly with site visits so you must live in commutable distance to London