Smoke Ventilation Estimator
You’ll be working for a global fire and security company who specialise in providing integrated fire and security systems in high end commercial and retail environments. This is an NSI Gold accredited business who work with large, professional organisations. They believe that on-going training and development is the secret to getting the best out if it’s staff, and builds a loyal, longstanding workforce.
To design smoke ventilation systems with integration to the industries current standards and codes of practice. The position would suit an individual who prefers a varied role that covers all elements within the company from quoting and problem solving to assisting management in resolving situations.
· System design and technical vetting process to ensure applicable projects are technically sound and fit for purpose prior to customer submission. To include accurate and profitable costing of equipment and labour, including system pre-staging planning and delivery, plus testing and development.
· Responsible for progressing internal and external customer enquiries, interpreting specifications and selecting best equipment from supported portfolio.
· Identification of extra works opportunities and sales lead generation.
· Liaise with clients, manufacturers and sales team members to ensure a detailed design that is fit for purpose and meets with client requirements and expectations.
· To work with project team members, complying with work instructions, company policies and health and safety procedures.
· Liaise with colleagues, contractors and customers to ensure timely and effective delivery.
· To provide quotations for maintenance and servicing of security and fire systems.
· Be able to assist with the technical support workload and other reasonable requests from the account management team.
· Experienced in designing fire and life safety systems.
· Ability to design systems from drawings and client requirement documents.
· High degree of planning and organisational skills.
· Experience in handling projects and tasks with tight deadlines.
· Effective time management skills.
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationship within the business and clients.
· Sound technical knowledge and experience.
· Demonstration of a high level of competency regarding analytical thinking and problem solving
· Undertake BS7858 vetting.
£35,000 + company car + commission/bonus (around £5k - £7k)